Terms and conditions
STORE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our site.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Feather Edge Limited; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email email@example.com, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- telephone 01428 658567 or 07501 703593, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this contract in another format please contact us using the contact details above.
Who are we?
We are registered in England and Wales under company number: 10706488
Our registered office is at: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ
Our VAT number is: 266 1381 02
Return Address: Feather Edge, Howndles, Derby Road, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 1BP
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- 1.2. This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- 1.3. When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by:
- 1.3.1. our website terms and conditions; and
- 1.3.2. extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month's notice. You can end this contract at any time by giving one month's notice if we tell you extra terms apply.
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
- 2. Information we give you
- 2.1. By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- 2.2. The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- 2.3. If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
- 3. Ordering goods from us
- 3.1. Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- 3.2. You place an order on the site by selecting the item(s) you wish to purchase and placing them in the shopping basket. Please read and check your order carefully, correcting any errors before submitting it.
- 3.2.1 When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you click on the ‘pay now’ button), we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- 3.2.2 We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- (a) the goods are unavailable;
- (b) we cannot authorise your payment;
- (c) you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- (d) we are not allowed to sell the goods to you;
- (e) you have ordered too many goods; or
- (f) there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- 3.2.3 We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- (a) a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- (b) we will dispatch the goods to you.
- 3.3. If you are under the age of 18 you may not be able to buy certain goods because you are too young. These are set out on the relevant webpage for the goods.
- 3.4. In respect of bespoke orders, acceptance of the bespoke design must be confirmed by you in writing before we commence having the goods or products made for you and in the event of you providing us with an image or design, we reserve the right to make changes where necessary as differences in dimensions may occur due to materials being used nor can an exact match be guaranteed.
- 4. Right to cancel this contract
- 4.1. You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- 4.2. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day you place your order.
- 4.3. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You can use the model cancellation form at the end of these terms, but it is not obligatory.
- 4.4. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- 4.5. If your order is for a bespoke item(s), as these goods are personalised under the Distance Selling Regulations you have 48 hours to amend your order from the date of placing it. If you wish to amend your order in any way more than 48 hours after you have placed it, we reserve the right to charge you any costs and expenses we have incurred in relation to your order. Once your order for a bespoke item(s) has been processed your order cannot be cancelled.
- 5. Effects of cancellation
- 5.1. If you cancel this contract (whether the goods are faulty or you are within the 14 day cooling off period), we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, excluding the original delivery charge. Please note your obligations under clause 5.6.
- 5.2. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- 5.3. If you cancel the contract before the goods have been received by you but after we have dispatched them to you, you must not unpack the goods and you must return them to us at your cost and risk.
- 5.4. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 5.4.1. 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- 5.4.2. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- 5.4.3. if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- 5.5. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
- 5.6 If you have received goods which are not faulty:
- 5.6.1 you shall send back the goods in the original packaging and with any tags and/or labels still in place , without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired;
- 5.6.2 you will bear the cost and risk of returning the goods to us; and
- 5.6.3 you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- 6. Delivery
- 6.1. We use Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class to deliver our goods as standard. If you want to see your delivery options, visit our Delivery webpage before you place your order.
- 6.2. The estimated date for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email (see clause 3.2.3).
- 6.3. If something happens which:
- 6.3.1. is outside of our control; and
- 6.3.2. affects the estimated date of delivery;
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- 6.4. Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- 6.5. Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- 6.5.1. let you know;
- 6.5.2. cancel your order; and
- 6.5.3. give you a refund.
- 6.6. If nobody is available to take delivery, Royal Mail will leave a 'Something For You' card explaining that they attempted to make a delivery. You can then choose to either collect the item from their local delivery office or arrange a redelivery on a day you will be available. If the goods are returned to us by Royal Mail, we reserve the right to charge you for re-delivery.
- 6.7. You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- 6.8 We do not make deliveries to any addresses outside of the UK.
- 6.9. We may deliver your goods in instalments.
- 7. Payment
- 7.1. We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- 7.2. We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for the goods is secure by using an encrypted secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- 7.3. Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the goods are dispatched.
- 7.4. All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps via:
- 7.5. Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under Clauses 4 and 5.
- 7.6. The price of the goods:
- 7.6.1. is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- 7.6.2. includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- 7.6.3. does not include the cost of delivering the goods
- 7.7. Goods purchased using Feather Edge gift vouchers are governed by the general terms and conditions laid out here. In addition:
- 8. Nature of the goods
- 8.1. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- 8.1.1. are of satisfactory quality;
- 8.1.2. are fit for purpose; and
- 8.1.3. match the description, sample or model.
- 8.2. We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- 8.3. The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- 8.4. While we try to make sure that:
- 8.4.1. all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to 1% in such weights, sizes and measurements in the following goods: handcrafted ceramics and other handmade items.
- 8.4.2. the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use. The handcrafted nature of our range of ceramic goods means that there will be slight differences and colour variations between individual items.
- 8.5. Any goods sold:
- 8.5.1. at discount prices;
- 8.5.2. as remnants; or
- 8.5.3. as substandard;
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- 8.6. If we can’t supply certain goods we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- 8.6.1. we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- 8.6.2. you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- 9. Faulty goods
- 9.1. Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the bottom of this contract. They are a summary of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- 9.1.1. visit our webpage: Returns
- 9.1.2. contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- 9.1.3. visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- 9.2. Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- 9.3. Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- 9.3.1. us to replace the goods;
- 9.3.2. a price reduction; or
- 9.3.3. to reject the goods and get a refund for the value of the goods and the postage costs paid in respect of the initial purchase and the returning of the goods.
- 10. End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- 11. Limit on our responsibility to you
- 11.1. Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
- 11.1.1. losses that:
- (a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- (b) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- 11.1.2. business losses; and
- 11.1.3. losses to non-consumers.
- 12. Disputes
- 12.1. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- 12.2. If you are unhappy with:
- 12.2.1. the goods;
- 12.2.2. our service to you; or
- 12.2.3. any other matter;
please contact us as soon as possible.
- 12.3. If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- 12.3.1. let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- 12.3.2. give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution (ADR).You may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us.For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal:
- 12.4. If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- 12.5. English law will apply to this contract.
- 12. Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
Feather Edge Gift Vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions laid out in our Store Terrms and Conditions.
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase online in denominations of £50, £100 and £200 at www.featheredge.com and via the Customer Services Team.
Gift Vouchers can be used to purchase goods from the Feather Edge website. Simply browse the website and make a note of the items you would like to purchase before contacting the Customer Services Team either by telephone on 01428 658567 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org who will process your order.
No change will be given but any unused balance will remain on the Gift Voucher and may be applied to future purchases.
Gift Vouchers can be used towards the purchase of goods at a higher price than its face value upon payment of the difference.
Please note that delivery charges will be added to the item costs and the combined total deducted from the value of your Gift Voucher.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. The expiry date is clearly displayed on the reverse side of the voucher.
Each Gift Voucher has a unique code which you will be required to quote when placing your order.
Please note that Gift Vouchers are subject to security checks.
Please treat your Gift Voucher as cash. Feather Edge will not accept any liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers. However, you are able to register your Gift Voucher with us by contacting Customer Services to protect any unspent balances in the event your Gift Voucher is lost or stolen. In which case, we will cancel your original Gift Voucher making it invalid, and reissue you with a replacement.
Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or Gift Vouchers.
Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Offer codes cannot be redeemed when purchasing Gift Vouchers.
Feather Edge will cancel the value of the Gift Voucher if we fail to receive payment from the purchaser's bank or card company for the initial purchase of the card. Further action may be taken where the fraudulent use of a credit card is suspected. All refunds/exchanges of goods purchased with the Feather Edge Gift Voucher will be made in accordance with the Feather Edge refund policy. The does not affect your statutory rights.
Feather Edge reserves the right to add to or amend these terms and conditions from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so for security, regulatory or other legal reasons. Reasonable notice will be given where possible. The current conditions will always be available at www.featheredge.com.
Feather Edge reserves the right to refuse to accept a Gift Voucher in payment or part payment of any item where it reasonably suspects that the card or any amount on it may have been stolen, tampered with, duplicated or obtained in another illegal way.
Feather Edge reserves the right to discontinue the Gift Voucher scheme at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Summary of some of your key rights:
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you're entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if they can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
To Feather Edge Limited of Howndles, Derby Road, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 1BP I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.featheredge.com ("our site").
Who we are and how to contact us
www.featheredge.com is a site operated by Feather Edge Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10706488 and have our registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ. Our correspondence address is Howndles, Derby Road, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 1BP. Our VAT number is 266 1381 02. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on either 01428 658567 or 07501 703593.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply (see above) will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 18/07/2017.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site.
Our site is made available free of charge
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply (see below).
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Viruses and bugs
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
are UK registered trade marks of Feather Edge Limited. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site as detailed above.